Monday, March 1, 2010

Pituitary what????

Let's just start this by saying I hate going to the doctor. I absolutely despise it. I hate the smell, the atmosphere, waiting forever...pretty much everything that goes on there. That's why I know God has a sense of humor. Me, total doctor hater, is going through infertility. I go to the doctor almost weekly now, take medicine, give myself shots (not yet but I had to learn for next month), and blood drawn. UGH.

So today I check my phone during Study Hall duty and I had a missed call from my infertility doctor. Strange. I immediately start freaking out. My friend Beth was in the room and tried reassuring me that it was probably just to reschedule an appointment. Problem was, I didn't have an appointment. Obviously something was not right. After freaking out the last several hours of the school day, I called them back to find out what was going on and to stop myself from going into cardiac arrest. She told me that my blood work came back and my prolactin levels are low. They want to do an MRI to see what is going on with my pituitary gland. This makes me both extremely excited and scared out of my mind. I'm happy because I have been to 3 doctors now and this is the ONLY guy who's checked everything out. This could be a simple fix and then we're on the road to parenthood. I'm petrified of what exactly could be wrong but hopefully this is the missing link to find out exactly why our 28 months of trying for a Baby Crowder have been unsuccessful.

As I've been ending every post these days, please pray. Pray that if something is wrong, they find it and can easily fix it. Pray for my nerves as I have a mild heart attack every day from today until March 9th at 2pm when I have the MRI. Pray for a peace that surpasses understanding from the Lord. I know he has all of this in His mighty hand so pray that I'm reminded that every day. He is good!