Sunday, July 5, 2009

Shoes + Education = Awesomeness

I was randomly scrolling through my blog friends and came across a recent post from a college friend of mine who is a FABULOUS photographer. One of her recent weddings she shot had a gorgeous picture of the bride, her bridesmaid, and ADORABLE shoes on all of their feet. My friend posted beneath the picture that the bride was a cofounder of this amazing business called Sseko Design. This company is designed to help women in Uganda pay tuition for their college. Super awesome. Here's what their website says-


Sseko {say.co} Designs was created as a Not-Just-For-Profit business that will help these bright young women continue their education. The Ugandan school system is designed with a nine month gap between secondary school and university. These nine months are intended to allow time for students to earn money for tuition before continuing on to university. However, in an impoverished and male dominated society, many of these young women struggle to find fair work during this time.


How awesome is that (not the impoverty, the fact that this girl is trying to help them)??? And did I mention, these shoes are SO CUTE! Think I'm buying a pair ASAP. Here's the picture of them from their website-



Pretty sure I need to buy a pair now! By the way, I am by no means a saleswoman for this girl. I don't even know her. I just think this is such a great cause and I would love to see this business do well for the sake of these women in Uganda. And the shoes are super cute =)

No comments: