Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Randomness

Here's my random thoughts for the day-

  1. Boo Swine Flu! It looks like our "Swine Flu Stay-cation '09" is coming to an early close. We were suppose to be off until May 11 to prevent the spread of the flu but now we're reporting back tomorrow. Apparently our districts thought it was a little ridiculous paying us to sit at home all day when this illness isn't really looking as bad as originally thought. I knew it was a little too good to be true. Oh well. I did get my master bathroom painted, house clean, and Chris did some work on the garage. It was definitely fabulous while it lasted.
  2. I just mentioned it above but our master bathroom is finally painted! I LOVE to paint my house but I'm terrible at all that it entails. I spend a good 45 minutes in the paint aisle deciding between 15 shades that I know would be perfect. Then I get home, open the can, start spreading it on the wall, and I hate it. NEVER FAILS! I tell myself I need to paint the whole room because it's impossible to tell if I like it or not by a few strokes on the wall. And guess what? I LOVE IT! Our master bedroom is a dark gray/tan and I wanted our bathroom to be the same color but lighter since it's such a small space. I went 2 shades lighter and PERFECTION.
  3. My goodness May is busy! My dad's birthday was this week, Mother's Day is Sunday, and my sister's birthday is the 17th. I'm terrible at buying gifts on time, especially since we live so far away from my family now. Looks like I need to go shopping!

I think that's about all my super exciting-stay at home-life has to offer right now. I'm sure it's going to get much more thrilling now that I'm going back to school tomorrow...

2 comments:

This Texas Momma said...

I want to see pictures of this fabulous new paint color! Good for you! The name for our three day-free day extravaganza is perfect. And as for my disappointment post, I'm pretty sure you know who I'm talking about. ;) Thanks for your sweet words.

Cindy said...

Okay fine, go back to school. But you better keep this blog updated! No more of this month between posts business! And when summer comes? Oh, there better be daily posts!! :-)

Just joking, of course, but it has been nice to read what my little Texas niece has been up to every day!